Saturday, July 17, 2010

#257 - Checklist, 133-264


Card fact: This is the second of the two border color combinations that Topps used for its 1975 set checklists. The first checklist in the set displayed the pink-yellow (marshmallow peeps) combo, while this checklist features the tan-light blue (seaside) combo.

What I thought about this card then: Again, I don't have the foggiest idea whether I had this card or not. I'm guessing I didn't, because I don't recall the tan-light blue borders on the checklists.

What I think about this card now: Once again, I'm relieved that it's checklist time, and I don't have to do any research. I'm in birthday recovery mode, and I'm a year older for crying out loud. It's nice of the '75 set to give the old man a break.

Other stuff: There is no other stuff. Just names and numbers and tiny square boxes.


Back facts: My goodness the back of this card is severely miscut! I'm just noticing that for the first time.

Also, you get a sneak peek at what cards are coming up on the blog as they're featured immediately under the checklist listing at No. 257.

Other blog stuff: On this date in 1975, Wilbur Wood pitched his second straight start for the White Sox and hurled his second straight shutout. It wasn't quite as amazing as you might think as the All-Star break was between the two starts. But still pretty impressive.

2 comments:

John Bateman said...

I hated that they wasted #200 on an MVP card - Bench should have got 200 rather than 260.

Play at the Plate said...

I'm with John...Bench at 200 or at least 250. I was really impressed by the Wilbur Wood stat...I'm glad I finished reading it to know it was with a break, but I agree that it is a nice accomplishment.